Friday, May 22, 2015

MAY Haul - HBC (San San) + Possible Beauty Blender Dupe?

This afternoon, I decided to go to SM City (Bacolod) just to pass the time. I ended up buying a few makeup items from:

HBC (newly opened and giving out discounts and freebies)

As you may know, I believe in a more practical approach to beauty so I aimed not to spend as much on wants.

Good thing I made an honest assessment of what I really needed in my makeup kit as I was perusing through HBC's shelves.

I and my son, whom I had to reward with a Cogo (Lego knock off) set for tagging along with me to makeup stores, went to Watson's as well before HBC but the brands there were either over my budget or didn't have the exact color I needed so...HBC it was.  

Here's a break down of what I bought as well as the swatches for the cosmetic items:
70php - San San Medium Sized Makeup Sponge
Now I don't have to splurge on a Beauty Blender. This sponge may not be the real thing but I'm sure that it will do the trick.
90php  or so - San San Waterproof Liner in Black; 63php each - San San Single Eyeshaodws in Cotton Candy (pink tint) and Vanilla Bean (white tint) 
My eyebrow raised a bit when I swatched the waterproof eyeliner because it "bled" all over the place (you can see that from the picture) but the eye shadows, I really like despite them being a little chalky after I run my finger on the products.

I'm planning to use them as highlighters.
P60 something each - San San Lip Liners
Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I love lip liners and I love their finish. Two of my friends are getting married soon (Kristine and Georgina) and yours truly is going to do the makeup for either the wedding or the prenup shoot so I thought that I would stock up on these babies.

My favorite so far is:

The brown/natural one on the very top.

San San doesn't really have specific names for them but the one on top reminds me of Kylie Jenner lips.
Swatches for the lip liners.
And last but not the least:
142php - Really Red HD Lipstick
The last one I bought was a lippie. I'd have to admit that this one was an impulse buy. The red was so beautiful when I swatched it but when I applied it on my lips, I found out that the finish was sheer. The color pay off wasn't bad but I was expecting more with it being called HD and all.

Bonus Round:

Overall my purchases were 600+ but I ended up just paying 500+ because of their discount. I even got a certificate for a FREE FACIAL, at any HBC branch, valid for one month because my makeup purchases exceeded 300php.

Yehey for HBC! 

I'll let you guys know how to facial goes next time. For the mean time, you can check back in soon as I will be playing with my new toys when my schedule allows. As for affordable with reasonable quality makeup, you can find HBC on one of the wings of SM City Bacolod.